1. Personal Information. You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our web site without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to grant you an access to our protected and secured sites. This information may include registration data (your name, address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data and response data (“User Information”). When you receive your confirmation email or when you receive any email from the list server, you will be given instructions on how to remove yourself from the list.
2. Use of User Information. We intend to use such information for purposes of supporting you and your employer’s relationship with Forté Holdings by designing a web site content that is suitable to your needs and alerting you to new product and service offerings as they become available. This User Information may be retained by Forté Holdings to verify compliance with the agreement between Forté Holdings and your employer, to keep track of the domains from which people visit us, to create a user profile to better serve you and your employer, or to simply contact you either electronically or otherwise. If you decide that we should not use your personal User Information to contact you, please let us know and we will not use that information for such purpose. However, please do not submit any User Information if you are less than 18 years of age.
3. Disclosure of User Information. Forté Holdings does not sell, trade or transfer User Information to third parties. However, we may share User Information with our business partners for marketing, advertising or product/service offering purposes. For example, we provide User Information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters, online surveys or notifications on Forté Holdings Offerings to our viewers. We also disclose User Information if: we have your consent; we need to share it in order to provide you with the products and/or services you requested; we respond to a court order or you violate our License Agreement. You may separately agree to provide your personal information to third parties that provide content for Forté Holdings Offerings, in order to access and/or use their products and/or services. If you agree to provide such information to these third parties, then your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies.
4. Accuracy and Security. The accuracy and security of the User Information is important to Forté Holdings. Currently, you may review and request updates to your User Information retained by Forté Holdings through our Customer Service Department. If you contact us to correct your User Information, we will attempt to correct such inaccuracies in a timely manner. Forté Holdings is concerned with the security of your User Information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorized access and use of that personal information. To that end, we put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to secure your personal User Information. We also continue to implement procedures to maintain accurate, complete and current User Information.
5. Usernames and Passwords. Access to certain content on our web site may be allowed under a written agreement between you or your employer and Forté Holdings and will require a username and/or password. In some cases, failure to provide personal information may prevent you from accessing certain Forté Holdings web site(s) containing certain confidential information, products, services, or promotional offers (“Forté Holdings Offerings”). By accessing and using our protected and secured web site(s), you agree to maintain the confidentiality of the username and password you selected to access such site(s) and consent to our License Agreement.
6. Cookies. Forté Holdings uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that a web site can transfer to a visitor’s hard drive to keep records of the visits to such site. A cookie contains information such as your username and password that helps us recognize the pages you have visited and improve future visits, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is the information that you provide yourself. A cookie cannot read data off of your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted, however, we do not store your credit card number in cookies. If you prefer not to accept a cookie, you can set your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) to warn you before accepting cookies or you can refuse all cookies by turning them off in your web browser. However, access to our secured web site(s) requires the use of per-session cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer, which you must enable ‘only cookies that get sent back to the originating server’. Otherwise, you can still access most of the features on our web site even without accepting a cookie.
7. External Links. Forté Holdings web site provides links to other third party web sites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Forté Holdings through a business partnership or otherwise, Forté Holdings is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.